If you are unable to burn discs with AutoRay, here are some steps to try and fix it:
To check if your Epson is functioning properly with AutoRay, open up Configure in AutoRay and click the tab "Epson". If you see no error messages and "Enable Verification" box is checked, then the Epson is functioning correctly. If you see any error messages or the "Enable Verification" box is unchecked, then there is likely an issue. Check to see if the Epson is working after trying each of these steps:
- Make sure you are using the proper USB cord. If the USB cable has a blue connector, it is a USB 3.0 cable and must be plugged into a blue USB 3.0 port. USB 2.0 cables are not blue and can be plugged into any USB port.
- Try restarting your PC
- Go to the start menu and click "Devices and Printers". Make sure your Epson is listed and selected as the default printer. To set it as default, right click the Epson and select the box "Set as default printer".
- Unplug the Epson USB cable, power down the Epson, power up the Epson, wait until the green light is solid, then plug the USB cord back into the same port as before.
- Unplug the Epson USB cable, power down the Epson, power up the Epson, wait until the green light is solid, then plug the USB cord into a different USB port.
- Go to "Computer" then "Uninstall or change a program", select AutoRay, then click "Repair" on top of the page.
- Unplug your Epson. Go to the start menu and click "Devices and Printers". Right click your Epson and select "Remove Device". Right click your Epson and select "Remove". Plug your Epson back in, wait about 2 minutes, then restart your PC.
- Go to the start menu and under the folder "EPSON TD Bridge" select "EPSON TD Bridge Environment Settings". TD Bridge Startup Type should be set as "Automatic (when starting PC/service). Under "Default output device" make sure your Epson is selected. If you made any changes, press OK and restart your PC.
- Test burn a couple CD's or DVD's with the EPSON Total Disk Maker software. To do this, first open EPSON Total Disk Maker from the start menu. Select your default template. Click "Disc" on the top, and select either "Data CD" or "Data DVD" depending on what discs you have inside your Epson. Double click your selection. Then drag some random pictures or files to be burned onto the disc. Select "Publish" on the top of the screen, then press the "Publish" button on the next screen. You can then see the progress of the disc being burned by opening the EPSON Total Disc Monitor. Publish two discs, then restart your PC.